Garden Journal: February 28, 2020

No new sprouts yet....

We planted celery, broccoli and peppers on February 21st and saw our first broccoli sprouts February 25th. It has now been, ok not as many days as it feels like, it's only been 7 days since we planted, but waiting for those seeds to sprout is SO STRESSFUL! It's like waiting for the birth of you baby, no lie! 

Our Broccoli babies are doing well as you can see:


 

I think I might have to do some planting today just to calm my soul lol. Seriously though. Getting my hands in that bag of soil really helps. I can't wait until the warm weather is here and we can get outside to work. February has to be one of the HARDEST months of the entire year. 

5 Hours Later........

YES! I broke down and planted! I used the last of our seed starter and planted: Lettuce, Spinach, Onions, Bee balm, pumpkins and 3 of the 4 varieties of tomato. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



I admit I stopped taking photos of the packets and seeds. I still have them and can add those later. Here is what our set up looks like now! 


There's an organic basil plant over there on the left. I got it from the grocery store. We do also have 3 varieties of basil to plant as well!

Comments